IIT-Chicago Kent College of Law - Chicago, IL
* Juris Doctorate (1995)
Academic Achievement Award in Legal Drafting
Roosevelt University, Chicago, IL
* Lawyer's Assistant Program Certificate with Honors (1991)
ABA Approved, Graduate Level General Practice Curriculum
Northern Illinois University, DeKalb, IL
* Graduate Coursework in Business Administration/Human Resources (1990 to 1992)
Illinois State University, Normal, IL
* Bachelor of Science in Business Education/Office Administration
Joan began working as a secretary/paralegal for the lawfirms of Gomien, Root & Rigazio, and Black & Black. After completing law school at IIT-Chicago Kent College of Law, she became a partner in the lawfirm of Gomien, Harrop & Sobol, where she continues to practice today under the name of Gomien & Harrop, Ltd. Joan is a member of the Grundy County Bar Association, having served as past president and secretary. Joan is also a member of the Will County, Chicago, and Illinois State Bar Associations, as well as a member of the Illinois Trial Lawyers Association.
* Member of the Morris Hospital Foundation Board, currently serving as secretary.
* Member of the Grundy County Board of Health, having served as past president and secretary.
* Member of the Grundy County Volunteer Hospice Board of Directors, currently serving as secretary and legal advisor.
* Member of the Grundy County Chamber of Commerce and the Chamber's Women in Business.
* Member of Community Nutrition Network-Meals on Wheels Board of Directors.
* Member of the Kankakee Community College Paralegal/Legal Assistant Studies Program Advisory
* Member of Immaculate Conception Parish in Morris, Illinois, having served on its Parish Council.